Will CMC-FD's ever follow channel config ?

This section is about Steinberg's CMC controllers
richardjay

Will CMC-FD's ever follow channel config ?

Post by richardjay » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm really surprised that were on 8.0.2 and still CMC-FD's assign themselves to whatever track order you have in Cubase. I want my CMC-FD's to follow the configuration of the mixer window, so that if I'm just viewing VCA Faders, then my 3 FD's assign themselves to the first 12 VCA faders. And if I change to show FX and Group channels, then my FD's assign themselves to the first 12 of those.

A workaround is to keep on moving what tracks you want to use, to the top of the Project window - but that doesn't work at all for VCA chanels: they never get assigned to FD's (at least not for me !).

Does anyone know if Steinberg are ever going to add this ? Is it just a CMC issue or is it something to do with the MCU and therefore affecting most controllers ?

richardjay

Re: Will CMC-FD's ever follow channel config ?

Post by richardjay » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 am

A disappointing response from Steinberg on this:

I will definitively create an entry in our bugbase for this case.
But at the moment I do not think that this problems will be issued with a high priority.

The CMC series is discontinued and has been removed from the shop almost a year ago.
We keep the drivers up to date but at this point i do not belive that we have free resources to adjust the compatibility with Cubase versions, which has been release after we stopped the sale of the CMC.

Return to “Steinberg CMC Series”